Thursday, January 19, 2012

#longshot

January is always such a weird month for me (as I'm sure it is for most people).  It's usually a mix of old habits, new goals, and a whole lot of in betweens.  It's easy to blame the weather and the shorter time of daylight, but I've never really been a believer in all that.  I think it's just something we all deal with each year, to try and accomplish something new while dealing with the old leftovers.  I'm slowly but surely cutting the negativity, (although I've been quite the mopey dope this morning because things aren't currently going my way lol) and allowing myself to move on to let people have a second chance at being a positive influence in my life.

Simply put, January is only half way done and I've been on the longest scariest roller coaster of all time, but somehow I'm still having a ball!  I'm still giving everything a chance of turning it all around! Lots of great things have happened and I just need to focus on that.

  • I'm making progress on a bunch of relationships
  • I'm slowly getting better at my job.  Mostly due to a recent increase in questions/tasks asked of me, but you gotta learn somehow!  
  • I'm dealing with a pretty major crush situation right now, which is both fun and tormenting - but also reducing me even more to the 14 year old that I'll always be inside.  I go back and forth between being bold and sassy, and resigned to the fact that nothing will happen.  Needless to say it's been really fun for everyone involved. ha
  • Finally, I'm headed to NYC this weekend, in what I hope to be a fantastic time with friends from home. We're also attending the Kelly Clarkson concert at Radio City Music Hall which just might turn out to be the best concert I see all year!


In honor of my favorite artist and this weekend's concert, here are some lyrics that pretty much speak to how I'm feeling on this roller coaster that is January 2012.


My heart beat beats me senselessly
Why's everything got to be so intense with me
I'm trying to handle all this unpredictability
In all probability

It's a long shot, but I say why not
If I say forget it, I know that I'll regret it
It's a long shot just to beat these odds
The chance is we won't make it
But I know if I don't take it, there's no chance
'Cause you're the best I got
So take a long shot




No comments:

Post a Comment