Thursday, January 5, 2012

#2012

All in all 2011 was a good year. It had its low points, but the highs that went along with them made it all worth it. Actually, when I think about everything that happened, I wonder how I had time to do it all.

I ran my first half marathon.
I went to St. Maarten for a week.
I got a new job.
I turned 25 and danced the night away.
I moved.
I finished graduate school.
I went to a billion concerts.
I attempted to date.
I got to experience the great state of Texas through the Austin City Limits festival.

When I wasn't the busiest person on the planet, I tried to take the time to learn more about who I am, both to me and to the different groups of people in my life.

I learned that I love some of my flaws, but struggle to find the balance.
I learned that sometimes it's easier to let things go.
I learned about friendship - both existing and new.
I learned that people come and go through your life and make their impressions, but it's the people that make you feel at home with yourself that last til the end.
I learned that some things are just none of my damn business.

Now comes time for the resolutions I made for 2012.  I didn't make as many as I normally do, but they all fall under the same theme of living positive.

- still put others first, but not at the cost of my own happiness.
- try and keep up the semi-healthy lifestyle I've been cultivating over the last year.
- walk out the door every day feeling good about how I look & feel. (cute & confident is still going strong!)


Here's to a great new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment